Stuart H. Schoenfeld
Phone (NYC) :
Featured Publications:Medicaid’s Five-Year Look-Back Period
Stuart has been a partner with the firm since 2005. His areas of concentration include elder law and estate planning, business, corporate and real estate transactions. Stuart’s extensive elder care and estate planning practice include the preservation of assets for the benefit of chronically ill, developmentally delayed and elderly individuals, planning and applying for Medicaid, guardianship proceedings and supplemental needs planning. With regard to estate and asset preservation planning, Stuart favors an approach integrating the financial, legal and tax objectives of the client into a plan that protects and preserves assets, maintains standard of living and maximizes available tax benefits.
In addition to his elder care and estate planning practice, Stuart counsels clients regarding the sale or purchase of personal or investment properties or businesses, including leasing and financing transactions, buy-sell agreements and succession planning, assisting clients with all aspects of the transaction from due diligence to closing.
Stuart lectures throughout the New York metropolitan area regarding elder care, estate planning, Medicaid, planning for children and adults with developmental disabilities and real estate. He was a participant in recent programs held at the Suffolk County and Nassau County Bar Associations. He is a frequent presenter for the Nassau and Suffolk County chapters of the National Council of CPA Practitioners and the New York State Society of CPAs. Stuart previously served as a faculty member at Queens College, Department of Continuing Education.
Stuart is presently a member of the Board of Directors of the Rehabilitation Institute, which provides vocational, educational and therapeutic services to individuals with disabilities. He previously served as President of the Association for Children with Down syndrome, an agency serving the needs of children and adults with Down syndrome, autism and other developmental disabilities and was honored at their 2013 gala for his years of dedication and leadership.
- November 2018: Nassau/Suffolk Chapter of the National Conference of CPA Practitioners program titled “TCJA AND IRA Yesterday & Today”.
- November, 2018: “Estate and Medicaid Planning: Protecting your savings, family and independence”, Island Trees Library
- November, 2018: “Navigating the Medicaid application process” at the Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium 2018
- June 5, 2018 -A conversation with Stuart Schoenfeld, Esq.: Parent’s Estate and Financial Planning: Protecting your child’s quality of life, Supporting Our Young Adults Network (SOYAN)
- May 3, 2018: Nassau County Bar Dean’s Hour: Drafting, Funding and Properly Maintaining Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT) & Special Needs Trusts (SNT)
- May 2, 2018: Mr. Schoenfeld presented on Long Term Planning: Protecting your Savings, Family & Independence to the “Reaching for That Silver Lining MS Support Group”, in Greenlawn, NY.
- November 17, 2017: The Intersection of Tax and Elder Care Planning
Disclaimer: Please be advised that contacting Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship without our prior written agreement.