Monica P. Ruela
Featured Publications:Year Look-Back Period
Monica P. Ruela’s practice primarily includes Elder Law, Medicaid Planning, Guardianships, Trusts and Estates, Estate Planning as well as Trusts and Estates Administration.
Monica graduated cum laude from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in 2011 where she received her J.D. She is a magna cum laude graduate of St. John’s University where she received her B.A. in Psychology.
Monica is an active member of the New York State Bar Association (“NYSBA”). She is a member of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section where she serves on its Executive Committee. She also serves as a Co-Chair of the Best Practices Subcommittee of the Committee on Women in the Law of the NYSBA.
Monica is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association where she serves on the Elder Law, Social Services & Health Advocacy and Young Lawyers Committees.
Monica is the author of “Assisted Living Program – An Alternative to a Nursing Home” and “Protect This House – Tax Implications of Ownership Transfers” which both appeared in the Nassau Lawyer, a publication of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Monica is frequently invited to lecture at bar associations and industry associations and by health professionals, support groups, libraries, schools and centers throughout the area to present workshops that address updates on elder care, estate planning, Medicaid and planning for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Ms. Ruela was selected for inclusion to Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars 2018.
J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
B.A., St. John’s University
- March 26, 2019: Workshop with Stuart Schoenfeld: Elder Law, Estate Planning & Special Needs Planning at The Rockville Centre Public Library
- March 20, 2019: Estate & Gift Planning Seminar at The New York Public Library Location
- March 20, 2019: “Medicaid Updates for 2019”, National Business Institute
- November 2018: “Estate and Medicaid Planning: Protecting your savings, family, and independence”, Island Trees Library in Levittown, New York
- November 16, 2018: Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium, Navigating the Medicaid Process
- September 19, 2017: Federal Tax Update
- September 28, 2017: Federal Tax Update, National Conference of CPA Practitioners, Nassau/Suffolk Chapter
Disclaimer: Please be advised that contacting Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship without our prior written agreement.