Featured Publications:MLMIC Client Memo
Joseph Milano is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation practice area. As a former Special Assistant New York State Attorney General, he has been successfully representing clients facing complex legal issues in federal and New York State trial and appellate courts and administrative tribunals, for over thirty years. At CBM&S, Joe has efficiently and effectively litigated cases for our clients in the areas of commercial and estate matters and church governance, making significant contributions to the continuing development of the law relating to church governance in New York, as well as advising our clients on strategies to avoid litigation.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law (cum laude)
B.S., Cornell University
Awards & Recognition
- Martin Luther School “Good Guy – Community Service Award”
Insights & Media
- 9/4/19: Mr. Milano was quoted in the New York Law Journal following an acclaimed litigation win “Court Can’t Rule on Lutheran Church’s Challenges to National Administration’s Property Takeover”
- 4/29/19: Mr. Milano hosted the “Faithful & Smart Episode: Better Call Saul! –When does a Congregation Need to Hire a Lawyer?”
- 9/26/18 Client Memo: MLMIC: Initial appointment of policy administrator does not necessarily extend to distribution of the cash payments
- 9/12/18: Client Memo: Approval of sale of MLMIC; payouts to policyholders
- 7/25/18 Client Memo : Doctors and dentists have potential to receive large payouts
Outside the office
Joseph is Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Samuel Field Y, one of the largest social service agencies in Queens County.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that contacting Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship without our prior written agreement.