Featured Publications:Non-Profit Real Estate Development Projects and UBIT and Real Property Tax
Jodi Warren’s practice primarily includes Real Estate, Corporate and Commercial Transactions, and Religious and Charitable Organizations. Jodi represents and counsels clients in all aspects of the development, construction, finance, acquisition, and divestiture of assets.
Jodi routinely represents religious and not-for-profit corporations on complex real estate transactions including long-term leases, sale or purchase of properties, joint ventures and development projects. She serves as counsel to numerous denominational governing bodies as well as individual congregations.
Prior to joining the firm, Jodi worked as an attorney at a leading international law firm, where she represented and counseled large corporations and private equity clients on complex real estate transactions, including development, construction, mergers and acquisitions, and financing.
Jodi earned her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude and order of the coif, from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she was an associate editor of the Cardozo Law Review. She received her B.A. from Pennsylvania State University where she graduated with highest distinctions.
Jodi has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, a designation reserved for less than 5% of attorneys, from 2017-2020.
Jodi is a member of the New York State Bar Association and is licensed to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
- November 8th, 2018 : “Interchurch Center Conference”, Ms. Warren moderated the panel “Understanding Project Feasibility & Potential Deal Structure”
October 9, 2018: Practical Resources for Churches (PRC) Webinar: Mission Driven Development
- October 3, 2018, Building Brooklyn Right, a faith-based development forum for houses of worship
- 4/15/2020: Economic Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Through the Paycheck Protection Program, New York Real Estate Journal
- Real Estate Development Projects— UBIT and Real Property Tax, Thomson Reuters Real Estate Taxation Journal, 2nd Quarter 2018; Taxation of Exempts July/August 2018
- 9/18/18: New York Real Estate Journal: 2018 Women In Real Estate Spotlight: Jodi Warren
Disclaimer: Please be advised that contacting Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship without our prior written agreement.