Christopher Wright’s practice area primarily focuses on the New York City Zoning Resolution. He represents and advises property owners on all land use and zoning matters. Chris represents property owners at the City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, Landmarks Preservation Commission, New York City Council, Department of Buildings, Borough Presidents, Department of Buildings, Community Boards and other land use agencies.
Christopher provides analysis and guidance on the development potential of real estate sites, both for an as-of-right development scenario and a land use application development scenario. He has represented owners of single properties and developers controlling multi-parcel sites. In the case of applications, he will prepare the application and present it to the applicable public entities.
Christopher began his career working in the public sector at NYC economic development agencies including the New York City Economic Development Corporation and the New York City Council Finance Committee. His public sector experience has provided him with the necessary expertise to effectively guide development projects through the public approval process.
Christopher then moved into the private sector working for land use and zoning law firms. He has represented both for-profit and not-for-profit clients, including schools, religious organizations and affordable housing developers.
Mr. Wright is an active member of the New York City Bar Association, the Zoning Advisory Council and the Real Estate Board of New York.
- New York City Bar Association
- Zoning Advisory Council
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Can a Combined Zoning Lot Include a Partial Tax Lot? New York Law Journal, June 24, 2019
- Question of the Month: Can a zoning lot consisting of more than one tax lot include partial tax lots, or must it include the full lot? New York Real Estate Journal, May 7, 2019
- July 11, 2019: Chris Wright is set to present on New York City Zoning regulations on behalf of the NYC Bar Association.
- June 18, 2019: Chris Wright was a lecturer on “Zoning Basics and the Title Issues Connected with Development Rights Transfers” Sponsored nu World Wide Land Transfer
- May 1, 2019: Chris Wright was a featured presenter at CLE seminar on Zoning and Land Use, which took place at the CBM&S office.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that contacting Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship without our prior written agreement.