Our tax attorneys are committed to meeting your individual and business goals. We focus on identifying opportunities and delivering creative, cost-effective solutions.
We concentrate on the full spectrum of international, federal, state, and local tax issues. The firm’s tax attorneys regularly undertake tax planning for C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, business trusts, limited liability companies, individuals, estates and trusts, and tax-exempt organizations.
We provide a broad-range of tax services including:
- Corporate, Partnership, and Joint Venture Planning, including Choice of Entity and Check-the-Box Issues
- Tax-Free Reorganizations
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses and Assets
- Recapitalizations and Debt Restructurings
- Utilization of Net Operating Losses and Other Tax Carryovers
- Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Capital Gains and Loss Planning
- Estate, Gift, Generation-Skipping, and Transfer Tax Planning
- Charitable Tax Planning
- Tax Basis Issues
- Tax Accounting Issues
Our tax attorneys also have extensive experience in advising clients regarding international tax issues such as:
- The IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs, including the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures and Analysis and Documentation of Non-Willfulness
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) compliance
- Compliance with Form 8938, Form 5471, Form 8865 and Form 8621
- Substantial Presence Rules
- Inbound and Outbound Transactions
The world of taxation is complicated and always evolving. Let our accomplished and knowledgeable tax team at CBM&S guide you through the complex maze of federal and state laws and regulations.