Our tax attorneys focus on identifying potential tax issues and delivering creative and cost-effective solutions to complex tax problems.
We concentrate on the full spectrum of international, federal, state, and local tax issues. The firm’s tax attorneys regularly undertake tax planning for C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, business trusts, limited liability companies, individuals, estates and trusts, and tax-exempt organizations.
We provide a broad-range of tax services including:
- Corporate, partnership, and joint venture planning, including choice of entity and check-the-box issues
- Tax-free reorganization of business entities
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of businesses and assets
- Recapitalizations and debt restructurings
- Utilization of net operating losses and other tax carryovers
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges
- Capital gains and loss planning
- Tax basis issues
- Tax accounting issues
Our tax attorneys also have extensive experience in advising clients regarding international tax issues such as:
- The IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs, including the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures and analysis of Non-Willfulness
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) compliance
- Compliance with Form 8938, Form 5471, Form 8865 and Form 8621
- Substantial Presence Rules
- Inbound and Outbound Transactions
The world of taxation is complicated and always evolving. Let our accomplished and knowledgeable tax team at CBMS guide you through the complex maze of federal and state laws and regulations.