- This event has passed.
Canceled: National Business Institute Probate Boot Camp
March 23 @ 8:30 am - March 24 @ 4:30 pm
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, the NBI Probate Camp in Plainview is canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
CBMS Partner Gregory Matalon is teaching as part of the National Business Institute’s Two-Day Probate Boot Camp on March 23rd and March 24th, 2020. The Program is the definitive guide to the probate process, and offers time-tested techniques on how to solve the challenges of the probate process. Gregory will be leading two lectures, “First Steps” and “Educating the Personal Representative.”
“First Steps” lays the groundwork for the rest of the course, dealing with the first 48 hours, locating the Will and Beneficiaries, choosing the best form of Administration, the estate timeline, and more regarding procedures and notices that affect the Probate process The lecture touches upon duties, powers, and responsibilities, gives a personal representative guide and finally addresses compensation guidelines.
This two-day course goes from 9:00-4:30pm on both days with registration from 8:30-9:00am on the 23rd.
- Walk through the first steps of the probate process and make sure all interested parties are notified
- Help personal representatives learn their role and duties in the process
- Accurately assess the value of all the assets
- Clear the estate of all debts and liens
- Transfer the business interests of the decedent to the intended recipients
- Properly administer trusts to avoid overpaying tax and to ensure proper distribution to beneficiaries
- Effectively resolve will and trust contests and argue fiduciary liability
- Learn how the rules of professional conduct translate into highly ethical practices
- Explore the specifics of probating insolvent estates.
- Follow estate closing procedures to the letter to prevent any follow-up disputes.
- March 23 @ 8:30 am
- March 24 @ 4:30 pm
- Four Points by Sheraton
333 S Service Rd
Plainview, NY 11803 United States + Google Map